Speed Up Your Drug Diversion Detection Process
Monitoring potential drug diversion is critical for patient safety. However, pharmacy and nurse managers can spend hours a day sifting through medication automation reports to spot suspicious activity.
Omnicell Analytics streamlines the process of monitoring drug diversion across a health system. The simplicity and effectiveness of this web-based pharmacy analytics software saves valuable time. It also provides real-time data that helps you reduce risk to patients.
"With the Omnicell Analytics pharmacy algorithm, we were able to identify and confirm a suspicious user whose return bin activities resulted in the diversion of medications."
Jon D. Horton, PharmD, Regional Director of Pharmacy, Sentara Healthcare, Virginia, United States
Reduces risk to patients and healthcare institutions by quickly detecting drug diversion incidents
Creates a more efficient and targeted process for identifying potential diverters
- Prescription diversion software uses real-time data. This can identify abnormal drug usage and null activity, including trends.
- Advanced algorithm minimises false positives by identifying suspicious patterns compared to peer activity.
- Impactful dashboards display user, drug, and patient information relevant for managing diversion.
- Users of Interest Dashboard − View overall scores of suspicious users based on usage, compared to their peers, across the health system. Three user types allow more targeted investigations: Pharmacy, Nursing, Anesthesia.
- User Score Card and Summary − Identifies users' potential drug(s) of choice based on their activity over time.
- Patient Care Timeline − For potential diverters identified, the timeline lists details of medication transactions by patient*
- Centralised authentication with Microsoft Active Directory. This relieves the burden of user name and password management.
- Training − Omnicell offers a variety of practical, interactive, virtual training opportunities. This covers system administrators and end users of Omnicell Analytics.
* If you have Omnicell's Closed Loop Dose Accountability available for Epic and Cerner electronic health record systems, the administration amount will be shown on the Patient Care Timeline along with issue, return, and waste information in a single view, saving time spent identifying variances.
- OmniCenter® 20.0 or higher, Unity enterprise platform
- Windows 2012 or higher server